Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Reformation Day! (& Halloween too)

I teach in a Lutheran school...Reformation is big for us. :)

But Halloween is more exciting for the students because it's fun to dress up in costumes.  I used to dislike Halloween a lot and as a teacher I bugged me that it interrupted my day.   Then I figured out that I just needed to embrace it for what it is...a day in which the children are giddy all day. 

Our middle school goes bowling on Halloween.  It's fun.  This year a family has arranged for a limo to pick us up and take us bowling.  Of course it's a 5 minute trip to the bowling alley by car, so we're "cruising" for about 30 minutes before hand and then being dropped off.  We'll bowl and then the limo will bring us back to school.  Talk about a big wasted day.  Oh well.

Here's my costume for this year...WALDO!  My husband got out of bed at 5:30 AM to take this picture for me.  I know he'd rather be sleeping at that hour.  I sure would have preferred that too!




No comments:

Post a Comment