Thursday, October 6, 2011

Teacher's Conference=AWESOME!

My life is pretty rough right now, let me tell you why...I'm at a teacher's conference in Breckenridge, Colorado, surrounded by beautiful mountains, tons of teachers with great ideas, beautiful fall changing Aspen's, and a handful of pastors, DCE's and other church workers.

Our LCMS district church workers conference is held every October.  I came up on Tuesday and heard Dr. Lisa Meyers speak about getting technology rolling in the classroom/school.  It was a phenomenal presentation.  I wish I had brought my 7th & 8th grade teacher with me!  It was great!

Last night I went to a sectional on Digital Story.  Have you ever used it?  It looks great!  I think I might have my students do their next book report as a digital story.  The potential is so great at all grade levels!  I can't wait to figure out how to implement it.

I love when I can go to conferences and learn about things and be able to implement them into my classroom/school.  Last year I was disappointed because we discussed the accreditation process, which I enjoyed and interests me but unfortunately our school is just not ready for that step.  We struggle yearly to continue to keep our doors open.  So this year I'm over the top with excitement about taking stuff home and really using what I've learned/I'm learning. 

If you have used Digital Story in your classroom, I'd love to hear about it.  If you've blogged about it, will you do me a favor, share the link to that post in your blog in a comment to me?  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I herby bestow the "I Heart Your Blog Award" :) come grab it! You deserve it!

    ❤ Mor ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many possibilities for digital storytelling online. I recently discovered zooburst.com for digital storytelling and hope to use it soon. Another option is Voicethread. I blogged here: http://yoursmarticles.blogspot.com/2011/05/digital-class-book-of-poetry.html about a voicethread project and other options. Good luck!! I enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete