Wednesday, January 18, 2012

100th Day Ideas...

So as promised I've been racking my brain for ideas for celebrating the 100th Day of School with Middle School Students.  Here's what I've come up with so far...


  • This day in history, 100 years ago.  {Internet Research, Gathering Facts}
  • What do you think this day will be like in 100 years? {Journal Writing}
  • 100 places in the States--which ones have you been to?
  • 100 new foods--how many have you tried?
  • 100 minutes of reading
  • Creating Art out of 100 items
These are just some of the things I'm bouncing around in my head.  I'm hoping to get time this weekend to create some fun printables to share with you all. 

My class will also be spending time with the Pre-Kindergarten class on the 100th Day, reading to them and helping them do a 100 Day project. 

Have you come up with any plans yet for your middle schoolers?

2 comments:

  1. For Math,
    see who can memorize the first 100 digits of Pi.You can also create a chain link with the first 100 digits.
    Display a Googol (it's a 1 with 100 zeros)
    Find the all the prime numbers on a 100 chart (there is 25 of them)
    Pin the 1 on the 100
    100 facts in 100 seconds (1 minute 40 seconds)
    Can you be silent for 100 seconds?
    What’s 100 days in seconds, minutes, hours, weeks, months
    What are 100 things you’ve learned in school this year “We are 100 hundred days smarter”
    Make a collage of all the number from 0-100 using the magazines
    Using 100 centimeter string create a picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the pin the 1 on the 100! My students lately would REALLY struggle with being silent for 100 minutes...

      Delete