Tuesday, February 7, 2012

So much!

*Side Note:  I still need to ask the techy hubs to fix my signature.*

Do you ever sit down with a project in mind and get totally side tracked?  This week I don't have lunch duty, so I'm eating lunch in my room.  I pulled up a blog to read while I ate my macaroni & cheese.  I clicked a link which lead me to facebook which lead me to two other blogs!  I was totally into the blogs and then I realized I was done eating lunch and that the pile of papers to grade was still there...

I've got some big things taking up space in my mind right now...
- Lutheran Schools Week:  It's the first week of March & included in it is the Academic Fair.  My kidd-os have a great start on their projects, but unfortunately if I want them done correctly and well I have to babysit them more than I want to.
- I look around my room and think about packing it up in May/June.  I keep thinking I should pack a box a week/month until then.  But I don't want to, so instead I just think about what a daunting task it will be.
- RMD Conference:  I decided to serve on the planning committee.  I'm excited about it.  And I got asked to lead a sectional at the conference.  I'm going to do something for middle school teachers, most likely related to their brains and how they think/act, etc.  I've been reading some great articles and books.  This is definitely my summer project.  (after moving, of course)
- Spring Break:  I CANNOT WAIT!  Until then though I will be happy with the knowledge that President's Day Weekend brings us a 4 day weekend!  Woot!

4 comments:

  1. I'm right there with ya counting the days till break and dreading packing up my classroom! Do something nice for yourself and relax a bit :) you seem to have a lot going on :)

    Hope you have a great week!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get side-tracked! I end up working on way too many things at a time; however, I do eventually get it all completed 9-;

    Just found you blog and I am now officially following...
    Hope you take a peek at my blog soon.

    Michelle
    The 3AM Teacher
    http://the3amteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just found your blog and I'm so excited. It's been hard for me to find middle school teacher blogs. :)

    Amy
    Over-Caffeinated and Optimistic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog, We are your newest followers. I have just given you an award. Stopby my blog and check it out.
    Barbara
    happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete