Kim at Finding JOY in 6th Grade tagged me in a fun activity to find out more about our blogger friends. Here's how it works...
Here are the rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
12 Fun Facts
1. I rarely stay up past 9.
2. I want to go to all 50 states before I turn 40. So far I've been to 21 of them.
3. I work in the wedding industry during the summer as a Day of Coordinator.
4. My husband and I got a dog last year, I became a crazy dog lady! I can't imagine what it will be like when we have kids. I would let him sleep in the bed with us if the hubs would agree...
5. I drive 50 miles a day, round trip. During my long drives I listen to books on CD. Currently I'm listening to Eat, Pray, Love.
6. I finally got to leave the country in 2009 when I went with a friend's Spanish class to Spain.
7. I love to travel. I would go somewhere every weekend if plane tickets were free (and I didn't have papers to grade)
8. Last year I participated in my first race, a 10k. I loved it and hope to do it again this year.
9. I love movies/TV shows/books with sappy, romance, happy endings. I could totally live in my own La-La land of happy endings if given the opportunity.
10. I like to listen to country music & talk radio.
11. I wear a size 12 shoe, making finding cute, comfy teacher shoes difficult.
12. Pinterest and Facebook are maybe like drugs for me... :-S
Here Are My Questions for Those Who Have Been Tagged Next
1. What is your favorite Starbucks beverage (in case I'm in your neighborhood and I'm bringing you a treat!)?
I have two, depending on the weather. If it's spring/summer: Venti Passion Tea Lemonade sweetened with half classic and half raspberry. During the winter: Grande Caramel Macchiato with extra caramel drizzle.
2. Book, Nook, Kindle, iPad, book on CD, other? What is your favorite way to enjoy a new book? T
he old fashioned way, hardcover preferred. (Though I'm hoping to soon be the owner of some sort of tablet)
3. If you weren't a teacher, what career would be your second choice?
I would be a hairstylist. I wouldn't want to cut hair, just style it for parties and weddings and such.
4. What is the first subject you plan for when you start your lesson plans for the upcoming day? Spelling & History.
5. If you have traveled, what is your favorite country to visit? If you haven't had the opportunity (or if you have!) what country would you most like to visit?
I've traveled some, but I really want to go back to Europe and check out England, Germany, France, and Italy.
6. Have you been a principal? Would you ever want to be?
I always thought I would investigate being principal when I was older. When I was 28 an opportunity presented itself at my school and I began as a half-time principal/teacher. I figured once I left my school I would go back to being a teacher. It turns out though that maybe the principal thing is working for me, as another school has offered me a job for 2012-2013 to be a half-time principal/teacher...
7. What dessert would you choose in a fancy restaurant?
Probably some sort of cheesecake.
8. What's the most adventurous/daring/exciting thing you have ever done (that you can blog about!)? I'm a chicken...does taking 15 middle schoolers to outdoor ed for three days count?
9. If you slept in "late" one morning, what time would it be?
10. Do you still read magazines? What's your favorite?
I do. My guilty pleasure is reading Cosmo, People, and US Weekly. Usually while on the treadmill.
11. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?
Sunsets, because I'd rather be sleeping in the morning. Though I have seen some amazing sunrises while heading to work.
12. What brings you JOY?
Coming home to a loving husband and an excited doggie. Teaching. Helping others
On to the questions:
1. What's your favorite book to read over and over?
2. What time do you get up to go to school?
3. What's your favorite teaching gadget/supply you use daily?
4. What's your best teacher memory?
5. What do you like on your Tombstone (or any kind of pizza)?
6. Where do you spend more time--blogging or pinning? :)
7. What do you like to do on the weekends?
8. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
9. Favorite season?
10. If you could invite anyone to your classroom to speak to your class, who would you invite?
11. Favorite website?
12. Favorite time of day.
Wow--writing those 12 questions took longer than I thought it would...
Okay, on to tagging people.
1. Amy @ Juice Boxes & Crayolas
2. Lindsey @ My Life as a Fifth Grade Teacher
3. Mrs. Scott @ Not Just For Elementary
4. Middle School Survival Guide
5. Kate @ To the Square Inch
6. Jena @ Caught in the Middle
7. Tales of a Fifth Grade Teacher
8. Liam @ A Twist of Liam
9. Miss P @ Diary of a Fifth Grade Teacher
10. Melissa @ Life's a Teach
(Okay, I know, I'm a slacker. I've been working on this post for 3 days, and now that I've got it ready to go, I can only come up with 10 people...if only my students were at recess longer, I could find TWO MORE!...)
Alrighty, I'm clicking "publish post" and moving on! Thanks for inviting me to play Kim! It was fun!