Monday, August 29, 2011

Hoppy Monday!

Wow, week 3 already! I'm excited to have a short week this week (I'm leaving early for a wedding in Nebraska!)

I am super excited about the turn-out on my Middle School blog linky party! I know I'm behind in following your blogs, but I've checked them out and will soon be a follower of yours! Thank you for linking up and sharing this blog & those linked up with others!

This week I'm going to start reading Tuck Everlasting with my 5th & 6th graders. I think I'm going to read The Egypt Game with my 7th & 8th graders.

I remember reading it when I was in 6th grade, but my 7th & 8th graders are lower level readers so and I really want to get them excited about reading and not be stressed out about it, so I figured starting smaller was better. I'm excited to get them excited for reading!

I've decided that I AM going to do The Hunger Games with my 7th & 8th graders, but I'm going to wait until after Christmas. This gives me time to continue to find ideas and it will allow us to go see the movie then in the theater.

Hope you're all having a great Monday. Don't forget to hop on over to the other middle school blogs and continue to link up!


2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Here is a link to my posts on Tuck Everlasting. I love teaching that book. Christine

    http://christine-readingisthinking.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-06-13T12%3A27%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=7

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tuck Everlasting! I have a bunch of things I created for it if you are interested.

    Katie
    Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete