Monday, September 19, 2011

Memory Monday {Linky Party]



Memory Monday:  What are your memories from middle school?

I have a few memories from being in fifth and sixth grade to share. 

Fifth Grade:  This is the first year I remember being allowed to use a pen to write our homework.  We were awarded "Pen"manship Awards which allowed us to complete assignments in blue or black pen.  Once we were given the award our teacher posted it on a bulletin board.  We could lose our privilege to write in pen at any time.  I also remember learning about the federal deficit in fifth grade.  I think the lesson had something to do with place value.  I also remember predicting what the debt would be when we graduated (in 2000).  Though I have no idea what it was when we graduated, or what our prediction as a class was...

Sixth Grade:  This is the year I first read The Egypt Game.  It's also the year my most embarrassing moment in school...I'm afraid to share, so I won't.  In Science in sixth grade we studied rainforests.  I remember building our own rainforest at the end of the hallway.  We constructed trees out of cardboard and paper.  We drew large animals to put in our rainforest.  I wish I had a picture.  It was in sixth grade that we took a field trip to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, NE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment