Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Morning Musings--Well it was morning when I started this post...

Last week I felt like I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, and we only had FOUR days of school! That didn't leave me much hope for this week, but so far so good!

This week we are launching into our study on the Civil War. This unit is one of my favorites to teach.  I love American history! 

Well after a bit of delay on getting the books I needed to teach literature (I always borrow classroom sets from the library.) we've finally begun our first novel.  I have my fifth graders reading Tuck Everlasting and my sixth graders reading Bridge to Terabithia  I haven't read Bridge to Terabithia for a while so it's been fun to re-read it again.

I'm finding myself struggling with creating engaging SmartBoard lessons.  I know that I'm not using it to it's fullest potential.  Must keep working on this!

Well, hopefully this week won't be as hectic as last week.  Though the full moon this morning proved to provide a little bit of crazy in the classroom.  Four more days until the weekend.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment